Clustr Map

Monday 14 May 2012

Early Days

 And so I shall recall my journey, what a wild and long journey it has been. For I was only a seed. I have seen things many would have never known existed, I have been separated from my family, friends and neighbors along the way. Many of whom I have never seen again.
  My story begins in the fields of a corn farm in Iowa, I began as a seed in a sack. The land was then churned, ploughed  and fertilised. I and my other fellow comrades we scattered in straight lines stretching from one end of the field to the other. Many of these corn farms we learnt varied in size, this one farm however stretched farther than the eye could see. What we didn't know however was the average size of these farms in Iowa was over 333acres per farm.


(Farmer preparing for planting)

  Iowa appeared to be the perfect place for us to grow, the warm climate in Iowa allows us to grow for eight out of the twelve months of the year. The high temperatures during these eight months, ranging from 50 degrees(F)  all the way up to 85 degrees(F) is ideal to grow corn. Over 50% of the U.S.A's corn is actually grown in Iowa so I'm told.
  And so as we wait, buried in the ground, separated and alone with nothing but our thoughts to accompany us, we wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment