Clustr Map

Tuesday 15 May 2012

On the move

  And after weeks of entrapment under the soil, I begin to finally break the surface. My struggle begins to look worthwhile. I can see daylight, I can feel the warm sun, and I continue to grow!
  The warmth of the soil nurtured me and and gave me the nutrients and vitamins to grow, and I am grateful. I broke the surface after 2 weeks or so, to the sight of my fellow comrades also on the road to escape, or so I thought. We felt this was our liberation from our prison in the soil to which we had been shut into. And what a feeling, the sight of my fellow comrades breaking surface of the brown ,warm soil was a monumental moment. We were one unit, brothers and sisters, we would overcome the terror of the farmer and gain freedom! We hadn't quite figured out we would do after we gained freedom...
( Corn Breaking the surface)

  After 4 weeks or so we came face to face with a creature we assumed may be able to aid us in our quest, a field mouse. How wrong we were. The small, hairy brown vermin raced towards myself and my comrades, charging towards us, choosing its prey at random, showing no mercy. As we swayed in the breeze, we were helpless to the knawing of the predators razor sharp teeth. I was wounded but lucky to escape with my life.
( The nasty vermin)

  The attack lasted only an hour at a time. So many kurnels lost on our journey. So many neighbors, brothers, sisters and allies were lost. But yet we must go on.
  We finished growing around about the 10-12 week mark, we had over come the many raids, disease, rodents and obstacles. We had escaped the prison we knew as the soil, and we were free, for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment